Sunday, February 14, 2010

Day 8 - Eating out

Breakfast:
We really love going out for breakfast on the weekends! Big Brekky, Eggs Benedict, Bacon, sausages, eggs! I love love love eggs!

Today was the first time we've eaten out since Vegan Month began and the choices were pretty limited.

We headed in to New Farm but The Alibi Room was sadly closed :( so we went down to James St. Spoon had nothing on the menu that was already set so it was a meal of side dishes.

Sourdough toast
Tomato
Mushrooms
Spinach
Baked beans (for Mick)

Have to say it was pretty unimpressive. I think Spoon in general isnt very good to start with so we will not be discouraged!

Dinner:
- Lightly pan fried bread and dips.
- A beautiful tangy antipasto dip made from eggplant/onions/sundried tomatoes/olives etc
- Homemabe olive and cashew dip that turned out AMAZING!

Our dip that Mick and I both love one from Copperpot made from black olives, cashews and PARMESAN. I just wizzed up some kalamata olives and cashews in the food processor for a few seconds then added some olive oil and done!

Next time Ill probably add some garlic and a little lemon juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment