Running late today so didn't have time to properly juice. Threw a heap of watermelon into the blender with some apple juice and had 2 pieces of vegemite toast. Thank baby Jesus that vegemite is animal free!
LUNCH:
Leftover lasagna and salad
DINNER:
I really wanted to try out the Punkrock Chickpea Gravy that a friend recommended so decided to pair it with some mashed potatoes (with baby spinach) and mushroom burger patties.

I used THIS Mushroom Veggie Burger recipe but couldn't find pinto beans at the local Woolworths so I used a three bean mix instead.
The chickpea gravy recipe is HERE and it is really, really good. I dont have any nutritional yeast yet so I just used a couple of teaspoons of vege stock powder and it worked well. I also left out the lemon juice after reading the comments on the site and the coriander because it smells like a wet dog! :P
My mum came for dinner and she is allergic to EVERYTHING so it was good to share something different with her that she can actually eat. One of her allergies is soy so we tried oat milk for the first time (in the potatoes). Great success!
Sounds good! Glad your mum could eat it all too :) I like the lemon juice in the chickpea gravy as it gives it a nice sour kick, but I'm also guilty of putting LOADS of nutritional yeast in mine too. I'm addicted to that stuff!
ReplyDeleteYeah the sourness was the reason I left it out :D I have some nutritional yeast on the way so hopefully it gets here soon. Cant wait to try it!
ReplyDelete