BREAKFAST:
Again running late so boring old watermelon and apple juice with vegemite toast :)
LUNCH:
Didn't feel like something big today so had strawberry jam sandwiches. Took me right back to school!
DINNER:
Burritos. And they were DE. LISH.

1 Onion
Can of chickpeas
About 6 mushrooms
I packet of taco seasoning (YUM)
Tomatoes
Lettuce
Black Olives
Avocado mashed with lemon juice, salt, pepper and a bit of garlic salt
The flavours just go so well together and the chickpea/mushroom combo totally makes you forget there's no meat inside!
Just fry the chopped onion for a few minutes and add chopped mushrooms and a can of rinsed chickpeas (I popped half the tin in a food processor but probably won't bother next time).
Add the taco seasoning and a cup of water and simmer til it thickens. I did have to add a bit of cornflour to thicken it up a bit more so 1/2 a cup of water is probably enough.
DESSERT:
Apple Coffee Cake. You can find the recipe HERE. From what I can tell, Americans call our tea cake coffee cake as sadly there was no coffee in this cake :)
I ran out of plain flour so had to replace it with self raising flour so I just reduced the amount of baking powder. I don't even know if this makes sense but it seemed to work! The batter in my cake wasn't as thick as on Vegan Yum Yum (maybe the lack of plain flour is why?) so I added an extra half cup of flour.I don't know if US canned pie apples are different to ours but the apples were still a little bitter/tangy which is great if you dont like really sweet stuff. It made a nice contrast.
YUM the burritos and teacake look delicious!
ReplyDelete